Thursday, August 13, 2009

Made it through the first trimester!!

We officially made it!
So far soo good, and it was like a light switch- as soon as I hit week 12 no more nausea!!! I still get tired pretty easy, and am in bed by 7:30 when possible, but I will take that any day over being sick!
Not really 'showing' yet. James and I can see (and feel) a difference, but the clothes cover it up. But I fully expect that my pants will not fit with in a month. The chest is a different story. Still growing and very tender.
Although we go back to the Dr on the 26th, we will not be able to find out the sex until the middle of Sept.- and it is KILLING ME. Ahh, such a planner. I am ready to have the entire nursery decorated and stocked. But can't really do anything until we know :) So I am keeping all my ideas tucked away, and tally up how much everything will cost!!
I had no idea how much of a market this was!!! So do you get the Cadillac or do you get the prius? What I thought would be a good idea to get at consignment...hummmm... not soo much. The books I have been reading (thanks to Mel) really say you shouldn't get the crib or car seats 2nd hand. So we will probably need to spend some money on that, and it will become more of a need than a want. I am sure the sensible side will take over- that or James will :)

So enough of baby. Last weekend our college roommates came over. For those who do not know Rachel and Tom. Rachel was my roommate, and Tom was James'. James and I dated all through Milligan, but Rachel and Tom never really hung out together until after graduation. Now they are married and have a 2 month old Hudson.- Isn't it weird ? :)
Anywho, they came over last weekend. We went to the Cold Play concert- and honestly had no idea there would be that many people there! We got there late- intending to miss the opening act, and it was packed. The only opening was behind some lighting rafters. So not a great view of the band- but when you are that far back, nothing really is :) Music was really good, felt like we were backyard party or something.

Enough for today, getting ready to head out to the lake with Winnie. Will try and take some pics to post. Since it hasn't been soo hot today, should be able to stay out there a while to let her swim.

4 comments:

  1. NIKKI RAINEY!!!! I AM STUNNED THAT YOU HAVE NOT TOLD ME YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!! STUNNED!!!! heheheh congrats! i am so happy for you and james!!! can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! and am so stoked you jumped on this bandwagon with me! Hopefully, you will keep it up and keep us in the loop with pics and all of your pregnancy. Don't you worry about all the baby items. Most of that you'll get from your several showers and family. We hardly bought a thing for Millie. Love to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable idea!! i'm so happy you guys are blogging your pregnancy, and life in general. i could read this all day. love you guys and can't wait to see you.
    xoxo,
    leiana

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive