Friday, December 4, 2009
Birthing Class
First off, let me say that James and I both really enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it. I don't think we would have gotten as much out of it had we not done it together, so I really recommend the class at Presby. Now:) If you know us, we don't take many things too seriously- this was no exception. After they go through all the text book details of what to expect, how to know you are in labor and what to do when in labor- they get to the 'relaxation' part. So Gina instructs us to lay on the floor- already giggling, we do it. She ask me to lay on my side and practice breathing. Then she ask me to get on my hands and knees. Now, knowing my husband, I know we are not going to get thorough this. Wait...... she wants you to massage my Butt?!!!! So let just say, the story gets much better when explained in person, but massaging my tail end while on all fours was not something we were mature enough to do:) Then she asks us to flip over, and sit face to face with our legs straight out, and the husband was suppose to calmly whisper encouraging words into their wife's ear. Remember we are already tickled at this point... but oh we lost it. James is laughing soo hard at all the guys next to us"whispering" and I am crying I am laughing so hard b/c he can't get his legs straight! SO I squished b/c his bent knees, trying to lean into him...... mascara running down my face. So we were a lost cause. Hope we can laugh like that when the time actually comes when we need to relax!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've never heard that one before! I can't stop laughing!
ReplyDelete