Saturday, September 12, 2009

This is Steelers Country....

Wow- I have been to Steelers games before, but this one took the cake.
James and I caught the 6:15am flight out of Charlotte to Pittsburgh- which we have missed before, and almost missed again. Note to self- do not fly so early in the morning.But we arrived on time and met James father, Dick.
Prior to going to Pittsburgh Mills we hit Primanti Brothers- Yummm! James and Dick both got the #2- which is a steak patty with french fries, and slaw b/t fresh white bread. I was frowned at when I got the Chicken Parm sub :)After the mall we head back through town to our room, to take a nap.

The 'festivities' began around 4- but from seeing it on the news, there was no way I was fighting the crowd that early . The festivities were Time McGraw and Black Eyed Peas- Look how packed it was!

We walked down to the concert around 6 and then headed over to the stadium around 7.

Now, let me say when I say Steelers fans are serious, it is like a religion to them. Never have I seen a group of fans more passionate about something that was not faith or family based. So with this being the season opener, defending their Superbowl title- Everyone was on high levels of adrenaline...and beer :) The Pittsburgh Steelers would take on the Tennessee Titian's.
After all the whop-la of the opening, and the game finally got started (at 8:30) and it was a good game. Some bad calls by the refs- of course, and Ben just made some stupid plays. But by Midnight, the game was tied 7:7- I was ready to go to bed.
Next play....... Ben makes a pass to Ward..... he runs.... breaking tackles down to the 5 yard line.... AND...... HE FUMBLES!!!! He fumbles right in front of us- which I failed to mention, our tickets were AWESOME. 7 rows from the front.
So we are now in over time. AHHHHH!!! But the Steelers redeem themselves and pulled out a field goal to win the game. By the time we walked back to our room it was 12:45
Here are some pics from the game.




Friday- we slept in until 9:30 :) It was wonderful!!!! We ate breakfast downstairs, packed up and checked out. We then headed out to Robinson Town Center where I did some serious shopping:) Got most of the items on 'my list' so I was super happy. Have I mentioned it is tax free in PA :)

So it was a VERY quick trip- but a good one.
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive