Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In the Dark....

We took winnie to the park early last night, and got back to the house around 6:30. In getting ready for our friends from VA, we needed to go to the grocery store. So off to Target we went, and made it back home around 8.
I started flipping on the lights in the kitchen only to get really mad at the florescent bulbs that seemed to not be working. So I flipped on the hallway light.
I turned tried to turn the porch light on- but it wouldn't work either. So then I went through a discovery of flipping on all the lights, to realize some were out some were not... noticing that the stove and fridge was out, but the microwave was not?? All very weird.
James goes out and starts flipping breaker switches (of which I had no idea how many there were!!!) Nothing seemed to work, and as I was getting ready to call someone to come over and look, our neighbor Alan came over and said he was getting 1/2 the power wattage in the front of his house as well. How quirky is that??? So he had called, and we called Duke Power to come out and fix it. We still had power upstairs and in the back half of the house, just not kitchen and garage.... which caused worry for all the new groceries I just purchased at Target.
Duke came out, but while the technician was in his mega ton truck- we heard a LOUD pop. The transformer had blown. Now they had to replace it and it would take a couple of hours. Time check 9:00.
Oh well, it is time for bed, right?. Well with power out in the entire house, it made it a little more difficult. No air, no lights, no white noise- no idea where anything is. And then around 11:30 they came, loudly, to replace the transformer.
Sooo a long night.:) But I am thankful for all that God has blessed us with and that we have a home to loose power in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive