Almost there :)
Geez- if you think you don't have time to think now, just wait until you are pregnant and traveling!!!! So where did we leave off????
Thurs. morning, we packed the mini van up headed over into NH on our way to Boston. Please take note, Boston was not designed for those in vehicles!!!!
Oh the terror of it all, if you are going to go Boston, use the metro system, or take a cab. Our B&B was Newburry Street (uber cool street) but there was no parking. People were parking 2 and 3 cars deep to the curb! With my road rage, I finally found a spot, just as James was ready to leave :( All my efforts lost :(. After we returned the car, we took the subway back to our hotel, the Newburry Guest House. It was very nice. The lobby had not been refurbished like the rooms, so was a little leery, but the rooms were spacious, and nicely decorated. And I slept really well... which is mue importunate.
Friday, we got up and just roamed around town. We hit all of Newburry Street- LUSH!!! Ah I loved that store, so was soo thrilled to go into it and have a free hand treatment..... and soo did James:) Feel free to make fun of him :)
I was just thinking, I honestly don't remember where we ate lunch.... and then I remembered. By this point, my husband had still not learned the VERY valuable lesson of, when I am hungry, I need to eat with in the hour. So by 11, I say I am hungry- and he won't let me get a snack. So what do we do? Go back to the room, take a shower, walk up to the park, go see Paul Revers's gave sight, the historical site of the Boston Massacre, THEN(3 hrs later) we walk 3 miles to get something to eat. We were not speaking by this point :)We did finally eat at a really cool place that has been open since forever, called "Bell in Hand Tavern" Still same bld that Paul would have eaten at :)
Quickly wrapping the day up, we went to the North Church, Hahh vad (aka Harvard), MIT, and then walked, yes WALKED, to the Red Socks game.
We meet Leiana and Sewart at the game, of which we only stayed 4 innings :) All of us were super tired and really didn't care anything about the game... just wanted to see the stadium. So we left, and all caught the train to Providence were we spent the night at Leiana's house.
Saturday morning, it was raining, and raining and raining. It would have been such a nice day to rest and sleep, preparing for NYC. But James really wanted to go out to Newport to see all the mansions. It was only about 30 min away from their house so once we made it to the visitor center- we took a 45 min nap in the car!!!! :) We drove around through the little town, which really would have been nice if it hadn't been raining. But now it is lunch time and James refuses to pay $10 to park, so we don't eat....still haven't learned. We go and see the mansions, James took the Cliff walk to sneak into the back yard of one ( so he wouldn't have to pay :) )and then we headed out. By this point I am beyond hungry and cranky- James has learned his lesson. But once again, there are no places to eat besides Dunkin Doughnuts!!! People I am not joking, on the interstate you would see the sign for Fast food- exit here. SO we would, and what would we see, nothing but dunkin doughnuts!!!!! GRRRR.
We finally, at 3, found a Wendys. We both were kinda excited about getting a chili b/c it was cold. "Sorry, we don't have any chili" What ? How can Wendy's not have chili? Do they really want to test a hungry pregnant lady!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment