Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How many times does it take b/f you have a baby?

Sooo- last night was fun :)

I had told the nurse while she checking me out that he wasn't moving as much as he normally does, so she had to fish around for his heart beat- which was normal 145. When the Dr came in, they wanted to "be sure" so she ordered a non stress test there in the office. And let me say I loved this :) They took me to a back room, where it was nice and cool, and put me in a lazy boy recliner. Hooked me up to monitors and said to relax as they watched him for about 10 min.
Nurse came back after 10 min, and his heart rate was not fluxing like they should. (Guess it should bounce around from 140's to 160's and not remain stable) Auldens almost looked like a flat line, I don't think it changed from 2-3 beats.... even with contractions. So they let me pick out a snack and I sat there another 10 min, no change in activity.

After that, the Dr wanted to get an ultra sound to determine why the low fetal activity, thought it might be low fluid. But they were backed up in the office, so they just sent me over to the hospital, again , to have me monitored. It has gotten comical at this point how often they send me, but oh well. They hooked me up, and for some reason he was completely fine- MAJOR difference in his activity...... This time I know, they or I, didn't do anything to 'mess' the test up, it is just how he was acting.
Once the Dr came in around 7, she was soo pleased with my contractions and activity that she said I could go home, didn't even need the ultra sound (which I was bummed about... maybe save that for next week;)) But she said their plan was going to be to give me Patosin to induce contractions and see if that got him moving.. possibly deliver!!!!!, but that my body was correcting everything on it's own, so we didn't need it.
I have no doubt that he started behaving b/c our small group and everyone else was praying for him. And as ready as we are to see him, and for him to get out of me- he does need a few more weeks to bake :)
BUT- the fact that they were ready to take him out signaled to me we are really close!!!!! So hold your breath and lets see what new adventures comes up next week at my appointment :)))

Side note- they told me I could take a Tylenol PM... and I slept all night, no swelling either!!! PRAISE GOD! It is amazing how well you feel the next day after you have a good nights sleep :)

AND- Winnie is finally eating again- hadn't eaten since sat :( - So today is going to be a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Aulden are doing better!! Just a couple more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive