Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bribe the Dr before you get into the room.....

We had our monthly check up today and everything seems right on track. Heart rate was 147, and uterus was up to my belly button. :)
So other than trying to get an ultrasound today, I had 3 questions;
1) Gaining weight- I probably gained 10 lbs over the past 16 weeks- suppose to only be 6. SOOOoo I figured if I am at this rate now, sheww watch out Dairy Queen! But she said as long as I am eating healthy- it is ok.
2) Can I eat hot dogs?- "as a general rule of thumb, we tell patients no processed meat" DANG IT- ahhh I want a hot dog soo bad. How un-american is it to go all summer with out a hot dog??!!!!
3) Could I ride a bike DOWN the creeper trail?- "if it is an activity you were previously doing, you may continue to do so. But we don't promote new activities"
So ladies and gentlemen- the moral of this story is bribe the doctor prior to them getting in the room with your spouse, where they will tell you I told you so :)

Our next appointment will be 11am on Tues Sept 15th- this is our 'anatomy' appointment. So if all goes well should find out who will be joining the Rainey Adventures!

3 comments:

  1. I'll admit it... today I had my first turkey sandwich. I figured, I'm almost 37 weeks, what harm can really happen now? I hope you can wait that long or postpartum for your hot dog. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i'm a little bummed to hear that. i was aware of no caffeinated drinks (coffee and such) and the others-alcohol, smoking. things i don't have to worry about. but hotdogs?? :( what CAN you eat? does the meat have to be from the deli?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no - no hot dogs at the red sox game?! no worries, we will buy you insane amounts of popcorn, pretzels and cotton candy. :) can't wait until the 15th!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive