Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update on Hannah

My sister Hannah had her surgery Wed the 28th. The Dr removed the right half of her Thyroid, but feels they got the entire mass. They sent the specimen off to Italy- why I don't know, but they will go back on Nov 6th to see what type of treatments must follow.
I didn't go to the hospital to see her due to all the germs floating around now, but went to her house on Friday. She was having a reaction to all the meds - which is expected of the women in our family :( Nausea and headache. The nurse said she could take some other pain relievers, so I hoped that helped.

All and all her 2 inch incision at the base of her throat is not bad. Still has some swelling and bruising, but I am sure that will go down. I am scheduled to sit with her and watch the girls on Monday, so we will see how she feels then.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive